An Author's Assemblage: Brief Notes and Notices

The accumulation of posts to this web page serves merely as an author’s assemblage of brief notes and notices: the collection of informal bits of information, quotations, and observations gathered as one way to display a personal reflection of perceptions on poetry, publication, and related selections of material drawn from my perspectives as a poet or professor of literature and creative writing.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Comments on Relationship Between Poetry and Place

In a post earlier today at “One Poet’s Notes” about lines of poetry composed by John Ashbery for display upon the span of a bridge in Minneapolis, I referenced a piece I had written last year about the relationship frequently seen between poetry and place. That article began with the following paragraph: “I have always regarded a sense of place as an essential element in much of my writing. Within descriptive passages I usually find my lines of lyricism and the language tools used to subtly allude to various issues or to learn further about a few of my own reemerging concerns. Like many before me, I enjoy employing aspects of landscape for symbolic or connotative purposes. Therefore, when I recently was asked to submit a group of poems and a prose commentary to Segue for that literary journal’s current issue, I chose to focus upon examples from my new work that illustrate my emphasis on place as subject matter or that use setting to some extent in order to promote the poem’s main topic. As I observe in the following excerpt from my essay, ‘Landscape and Lyricism,’ I believe a combination of landscape and literary techniques in lyrical poetry frequently provides opportunities for poets and usually proves to be a pair of compelling complementary components in contemporary poems . . . .” I invite readers to examine the full post, “Poetry and Place: ‘Landscape and Lyricism,’” for the rest of my writing on this matter.

5 comments:

  1. Relationship is very important thing for everyone.But in some cause problems there. Special y no good understanding between each other.Here you can get more important tips for success your life.
    fixing a broken marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Diana, I was in a really great relationship with Ben and we have loved and cherished ourselves for 3 good years, every thing was going on smoothly but February 14, 2012 a day I can call a lovers day we both had a huge fight because I answered a call from my Ex that has asking me out again recently but i refused. Ben told me that the relationship is over and that he is fed up with me and i begged him because i love him so much but he refused, i was so down cast and i felt the world has come to an end for me. However, my friend told me about a spell caster that helped her sister out in getting her relationship back,a good job and favor in most of her endeavor but at first i was scared but i have to give this man a trial because i love Ben very much and i am not willing to loose him to any woman. So i ordered returning my love spell from this great spell caster that made me a happy woman again to say it all Ben came back to me with much love and a caring heart...i am testifying to this great spell caster cause I made that promise to him, Prophet of Goddess.I should have testified in a long time now..as a matter of some months ago..but i wanted to give this comment out when i was fully confident that things are working out well after six months and we are in the 6 month now since then. if you need his help you can contact him on prophetofgoddess@yahoo.com or view his website www.prophetofgoddess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all information that you provide in your articles. Ning Club Website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knows more about relationships? Then give a helping hand to your young ones. Let's grow the world knowledge. Head over to Thinkle Reletionship and help a seeker please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knows more about relationships? Then give a helping hand to your young ones. Let's grow the world knowledge. Head over to Thinkle Reletionship and help a seeker please.

    ReplyDelete

SEEDED LIGHT

SEEDED LIGHT
Click image for further information